Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 20 mal aufgerufen
 ~° Chronische Krankheiten °~
lebaobei123 Offline

13.05.2019 02:12
Stauskas said prior to t Antworten

EDINBURGH -- Meaghan Benfeito couldnt hide her disappointment. The Canadian diver had just made a critical mistake on her and partner Roseline Filions fourth attempt in the womens synchronized 10-metre platform final at the Commonwealth Games -- an error that left their medal hopes hanging in the balance. But instead of dwelling on the flubbed back 3 1/2 somersault, Benfeito gathered herself in hopes of still securing a top-three finish. "Theres still another dive left. I know how to do all my dives properly," said 25-year-old. "I think our last dive is our strongest one and I knew if we nailed it we could get on the podium." And nail it they did. Benfeito and Filion produced a textbook back 2 1/2 somersault with 1 1/2 twists to not only get on the podium Wednesday, but win a gold medal that seemed improbable just minutes earlier. "I wasnt expecting to come out of this with a gold," said Benfeito. "I knew that we were still in the hunt for a medal. Gold, I didnt think so, but our last dive is a strong dive and its the reason its our last dive. "We did it pretty well and were happy with the result." Montreals Benfeito and Filion, of Laval, Que., scored a total of 310.65 points, just ahead of Englands Sarah Barrow and Tonia Couch with 307.92. Malaysias Pandelela Rinong Pamg and Nur Dhabitah Sabri took bronze with a score of 300.12. Benfeito and Filion were awarded 76.80 points on their final dive, but the 2012 Olympic bronze medallists could only wait for the leaders final attempts. When Barrow and Couch tallied just 70.08 on the same dive, the Canadians knew they had pulled out the tricky event that was delayed by 35 minutes due to a technical glitch that forced judges to display scores using flip cards. "It was tough for everyone," said Filion. "I knew it was going to be close, but I didnt expect to win at all." The 27-year-old has partnered with Benfeito for more than a decade and said they werent affected by the late start. "We were prepared for all these kinds of problems," said Filion. "Our team manager said in a meeting You never know whats going to happen. Be prepared, be ready. "We could wait the amount of time it took. We were there to compete and dive and thats what we did." Wednesday marked the first of four competition days at the cosy Royal Commonwealth Pool in Edinburgh, about a 75-kilometre drive from Glasgow. Later Wednesday, Lavals Jennifer Abel and Pamela Ware of Beloeil, Que., won silver in the three-metre springboard with a score of 295.65. Englands Alicia Blagg and Rebecca Gallantree won gold, and Australias Maddison Keeney and Anabelle Smith took bronze. The 22-year-old Abel was a bronze medallist in three-metre synchro at the 2012 Olympics with former partner Emilie Heymans, and again at last years world championships with the 21-year-old Ware. Abel won gold in the one- and three-metre individual events -- as well as a silver with Heymans in the three-metre synchro -- at the Commonwealth Games four years ago in New Delhi. Benfeito and Filions come-from-behind victory capped an impressive season for the pair, who finished 2014 with a podium appearance in each of their eight international events. But even with a gold medal hanging around her neck, Benfeito was still kicking herself for her miss on the fourth attempt. "Its a dive that causes me a lot of problems, but its usually good in synchro," she said. "I am disappointed that I missed because we could have won by a lot more, but it happens. "Its in the past. Youve got to move on, youve got to do another really good dive and thats what we did." Benfeito and Filion won silver in 10-metre syncho at last years world championships, and will compete in the individual 10-metre event here as veterans on a young Canadian team that has seen a number of retirements in recent years, including Alexandre Despatie. "Its so weird because we used to be the babies on the team," said Filion. "Its interesting for me because I get to give a little bit of advice, when I used to get all the advice." Added Benfeito: "The transition has been really easy so I think that makes the team even stronger." What the young Canadian divers here in Scotland learned on Wednesday from their now-veteran teammates was simple. "Anything can happen and its definitely not over until the last dive," said Benfeito. "You have to give everything you can until the end." Doug McDermott Jersey .ca! There is plenty of blame to be shared as a result of the most recent NHL player (Pittsburghs Brooks Orpik) to be evacuated from the ice on a stretcher following an ugly incident Saturday night in Boston. Darren Collison Jersey . Bibeau, Torontos sixth-round pick at No. 172 overall in last years draft, was named the outstanding goaltender of the 2014 MasterCard Memorial Cup. http://www.cheappacersjerseyssale.com/ki...-pacers-jersey/. Both had to wait out a rain interruption lasting nearly five hours before taking comprehensive third-round victories to join Carling Bassett-Seguso (1983, 1986), Patricia Hy-Boulais (1996-97) and Daniel Nestor (1999) as Canadians who made it into the second week of a major. Tyreke Evans Jersey . Minutes before the final whistle of Sporting Kansas Citys 3-0 victory over a shorthanded Montreal Impact squad on Saturday afternoon, Saputo tweeted: "Our fans deserve better. Cory Joseph Jersey . A-Rod is also disqualified from any post-season play. So at the tender age of 38, he will miss all of next season. As a result of missing the coming season, hes also out $25 million (which coincidentally is my hourly rate).VANCOUVER - Nik Stauskas was nine years old when he was selected to play one-on-one with then-Raptors star Vince Carter at an open team scrimmage at Torontos Air Canada Centre.So it was fitting that Stauskas, now 20, should make his NBA debut on Canadian soil, against the team he grew up watching.Speaking with a half dozen reporters pre-game, the Sacramento Kings rookie looked forward to hearing O Canada played at Rogers Arena.Definitely that will be cool, he said. Especially being my first NBA game, back in Canada. Its definitely cool.The sharp-shooter a€” famous for his YouTube videos of shooting threes on his backyard basketball court at his Mississauga, Ont., home a€” had 12 points in 25:56 of court time.Stauskas entered the game late in the first quarter, and drained his first shot a€” a three-pointer.The six-foot-six shooting guard is part of a Canadian basketball bumper crop, and one of three Canadians taken in the first round of last summers NBA draft. Cleveland took Andrew Wiggins at No. 1, while Tyler Ennis went 18th to the Phoenix Suns.Stauskas, whose dad Paul, mom Ruta, and brother Peter were at Rogers Arena for the game, said his first NBA training camp has been great. Its pretty tiring, weve been competing a lot and getting after it, Stauskas said prior to tipoff. I feel like everyone is starting to get more confident, starting to gel a little bit more, so today should be a good test for us going up against some new faces and really see how far weve come.He figured thered be some nerves in his first NBA game, which was played in front of a sold-out crowd.Maybe a little bit, the butterflies and stuff like that, but I feel like Im starting to get comfortable with this group of guys, and with all the summer league games we had and training camp, I feel pretty settled in, Stauskas said.Im sure when I get out there, therell be a little bit of nerves, but once we get in the flow of the game, Ill probably settle down.Much has been made in camp about the competition for minutes between Stauskas and fellow shooting guard Ben McLemore, who was drafted by the Kings seventh overall a year earlier.I get it, because its everyones job to kind of stir the pot a little bit, Stauskas said. This is professional basketball, so everyones competing for minutes, everyones competing for a job, so we dont hold anything against each other. I feell like were great friends, on and off the court.dddddddddddd But when were at practice, we go at each other, its all about competition.Kings coach Michael Malone said Stauskas was drafted to help fill a void in the teams offence a€” but he brings more than just his long-range shooting ability.We were 27th in the NBA in three-point percentage. Nik has great range on his shot. Hes got good size, Malone said. Hes a better athlete than advertised. The thing I like more about him than anything is just his IQ. I like how smart he is. He has a good feel for the game. He can make a play for himself. He can make a play for his teammate.Malone said there was criticism after the Kings drafted shooting guards two years in a row, but he said McLemore and Stauskas fit well together.We played them together quite often in Vegas in summer league. And we won that championship, he said. We really like to talk about positionless basketball. We dont need to have a true two guard on the floor, a true small forward on the floor. You put your five best players on the floor and let them make basketball plays, make them read off of each other and play off of each other, and good things will happen. . . But its also fun watching them compete and go after each other.a€?I love competition. I think its healthy. The cream will always rise to the top. I really feel that Nik is going to help Ben become a better player, and Ben is going to help Nik become a better player.Stauskas didnt play for Canadas mens team this past summer so he could focus on his NBA duties.I was busy with summer league and stuff like that, Stauskas said. I thought it would be better to rest and prepare for Kings basketball, I told them after my rookie year Id feel a little bit better and would join them in qualifying for the Olympics.The Kings also have Torontos Sim Bhullar in camp a€” a seven-foot-five centre who became the first player of Indian descent to sign an NBA contract when he inked a training camp deal with Sacramento.The Kings and Raptors play each other again Tuesday in Sacramento, then the Kings head to China to continue their pre-season.I hope so, Stauskas said, on the chances of doing some sightseeing. We only have two games and were there for quite a while, so hopefully Ill have some time to see the Great Wall of China or some other cool parts of their culture. Stitched College Jerseys Cheap UCLA Jerseys NCAA Louisville Cardinals Jerseys North Carolina Jerseys Stitched Kentucky Wildcats Jerseys Stitched Alabama Crimson Tide Jerseys Cheap Basketball Wisconsin Badgers Jerseys Authentic NCAA Jerseys Store Wholesale Basketball NCAA Jerseys Cheap Duke Gear Stitched Alabama Jerseys Stitched Georgia Jerseys Cheap Clemson Jerseys Authentic Authentic Texas Jerseys Wholesale USC Jerseys Stitched Oklahoma Jerseys Stitched Ohio State Jerseys Cheap Notre Dame Gear UCLA Jerseys From China Cheap Louisville Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap North Carolina Jerseys Authentic Cheap Kentucky Jerseys Authentic Wisconsin Jerseys From China Cheap Michigan Gear Cheap Florida Gear Wholesale Arizona State Jerseys Cheap LSU Gear Cheap Auburn Gear Cheap California Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Miami Jerseys Authentic Cheap Michigan State Gear Cheap Tennessee Jerseys Authentic Texas A&M Jerseys From China Authentic Wake Forest Jerseys West Virginia Jerseys From China ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen